I don't really have GH plans for Winter 2014except for trying to stuff everything and his brother into the greenhouse before frost.
1. Bromeliads. At last count there were 17 Neoregelia, a Vriesea that came back from the dead, a Tillandsea Cyanea and a Guzmania. Nobody shows signs of bloom except for the Tillandsea. All will find a place on the north side with Bird's Nest Fern stuffed on the bottom shelf where it did quite well last winter.
Maybe I can make a Bromeliad tree out of the smaller Neos with a Pothos cutting and some Spanish Moss and whatever else will fit.
2. Begonias. Angel Wing Begonias will find a place. Fibrous rooted Begonias may have to crowd up. There are so many in with Asparagus Fern and Spider Plants. I intend to squeeze every one of them in somewhere.
3. Schlumbergera. There are easily 3 dozen of these and a few Easter Cactus.
4. Rhipsalis and Burro Tail Sedum. All the extras are probably going to have to crowd in together in a single container. I've rooted bits and pieces.
5. Calla Lilies. I don't know what to do with these except just stuff them under the south bench.
6. How many Pentas cuttings can I accommodate?
7. Other cuttings: Shrimp Plant. Persian Shield. Purple Heart. Take small cuttings. If there's room: Duranta cuttings. Pot up some Lemon Grass.
8. Alternanthera, Thyme. Maybe start some Alyssum.
9. Graptopetalum. It can survive outside but it is beautiful with protection.
10. Bulbs. Purple Hyacinths, I wrote last year. Maybe I have enough Amaryllis unless I run across good bulbs at Lowe's.
Oh, my. The Epiphyllums?
National Pollinators Week June 19-25 - It's National Pollinators Week. I signed up for Million Pollinator Garden Challenge. At least I think I did. I didn't get a message that my info reached th...
5 months ago